Matthew has been with Avant for over 16 of his 18 year career as an Architect. Understanding that a successful project is a result of a successful process, Matthew leads a collaborative process between the design team, clients, regulatory agencies and contractors, putting the people and the project in the best position to succeed. His experience includes commercial/ office, financial, healthcare, senior care, multi-family residential, animal care, retail, hospitality, and faith.
“Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.” -Wizard of Oz
I’ve always been fascinated by the inner workings of a client’s business or industry. Not only does it help define the goals and constraints of a project but sometimes I really do want to know how the sausage is made.
Connections and Education:
- Registered Architect, Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas
- Member, American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- Master of Business Administration, University of Nebraska, Omaha (2013)
- Bachelor of Architecture, Iowa State University (1998)
Oddly enough, studying Latin lead me to Architecture. It wasn’t being exposed to the beauty of classical architecture that struck me; it was the ingenuity of architects to solve problems… beautifully.
- The Lodge at Northbrook, Phase IV, Northbrook, IL
- The Reserve of Geneva, Phase II; Geneva, IL
- Vern Eide Honda; Sioux City, IA
- Indian Motorcycle Dealership; Sturgis, SD
- Matz Dental Clinic; Omaha, NE