Avant Architect’s provided full Architecture and Engineering services and medical equipment for the expansion of Avera Holy Family Hospital for a multi-phase renovation and addition Project. The project consisted of demolition of approximately 60,000 SF of obsolete facility, and the construction for the replacement of 20 new patient beds, new OB suite with 3-LDRP’s, Outpatient Surgery, 3 new Operating Rooms, recovery suite, central sterile and staff support program.
- Project Location: Estherville, Iowa
- Project Size: 60,000 SF
- Project Cost: $9.2 million
- Project Completed: 2007
The project removed the obsolete 1922 and 1945 wings of the hospital to make way for a 30,000 SF addition that included the replacement of 20 patient rooms, a new 3-suite OR and support space, relocation of Central Sterile, 3 new LDRP rooms, nursery, and staff support, 3 bed ICU and nurse station, new ER with two trauma beds, patient exam, family waiting, new outpatient surgery and recovery, new Chapel and gift shop. The second phase included a clinic addition with 9 exam rooms, procedure and triage space, doctor’s offices, nurse stations, waiting areas and business office space. This phase also included new hospital reception areas, waiting rooms, and hospital business office. A new CT suite and radiology department renovation were provided during this phase. The combined laboratory facility was relocated and expanded to a central location, easily accessible from both hospital and clinic operations.